Sunday, May 3, 2009

COMM344 – The Baby Shower was a success!

The beat reported can proudly announce that the baby shower was wonderfully successful!

(We don’t use the words big or huge during the daughter’s pregnancy – if you know what I mean).

Over 40 women, plus 2 plesant husbands who carried supplies and countless gifts, met at the Moon Dancer Vineyard and Winery in Wrightsville PA on Saturday to lavish the lucky mom-to-be with gifts, dine on scrumptious food and drink the vineyards wine.

Although the rain forced us to move the event indoors the cozy room flanked by 2 fireplaces, local paintings and small round tables decorated with pastel floral centerpieces created a setting that welcomed all who attended.

The oldest daughter was our photographer for the event and took many wonderful pictures of the event – several you will see in this blog. My friend from Deb owner of DTK Designs did an absolutely wonderful job on the floral centerpieces, my mother created the beautiful watermelon baby carriage, my sister wrapped presents until the wee hours of the morning, the mom-to-be cut out the small paper dresses that we used for “advice messages” and wrapped silver wear and I was able to cook, pacify an entire family as well as create the event in the image that my daughter had dreamed.

Did I mention that we had a cake?


The games were simple and wonderful –we played the new version of dirty diaper, ribbons and ruffles and hot bottle (this winner got the centerpiece). The day was log yet wonderful and this beat reporter was thrilled that everything went so smoothly.

If I could be reflective for a moment I would have to say that events are like having children. They require more than one person, it takes planning and preparation, you think you are going to be on America’s Most Wanted for the thoughts you are having about your family, and yet when everything comes together you smile and realize that it was all worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Brenda,

    I’m glad to hear that your daughter’s shower went so well! Babies are so wonderful. It feels like it was just yesterday that my ten-year-old niece was just born and now she thinks she is 16. I wish my sister would have another one! Although I’m sure she’s thinking the same about me so she can be the carefree aunt for once. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother, or well becoming one soon! The shower sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your daughter's shower went well! It sounds like you had a wonderful time, even though mother nature forced the event to be indoors. My niece is just turning two this August and it seems like just yesterday she was born. Babies are a wonderful gift and so much fun! Congratulations and have fun with the new little one!

    ReplyDelete